Girls!! Will I ever understand them!

I know everything except what women want!
-Anon

I am never gonna understand Women..er..Girls. Its girls till I get 32 or get married (whichever comes last!)

Now mankind (I mean the manly kind) has never been able to understand the womankind(is tht a word?). The other day I had coffee with one my sweetest female friends. The topic shifted to girls which is probably the only interesting topic we cud talk bout.

Me being a mech engg. have lost complete touch with the womankind. The girls in Engg werent my type so never really pursued any... The girls tht usually make it in engg are the tomboyish types while I like more of the girlie types and no, girlie doesnt necessarily mean those girls who spend hours in front of the mirror... My interpretition of girlie girls is tht they are simple, smart and shy...
Now dont judge me! (Btw, googling - simple, smart and shy shows 1,900,000 results. One question - Where the heck are they!?@#)

Back to the topic - So we were talkin bout why mech engineers suck at making female friends and it turns out tht its coz we dont understand girls...

Heres the conversation:-

Me: So u saying I dont understand girls?
She: Well dumbo, I feel u dont get it! You dont call ur girls, dont send them flowers...u dont even remember their Bdays!!!
Me: Oye? Girls expect me to call everyday?
She: Yes, donko! 10 times a day!
Me: But wudnt I be disturbing her if I call her 10 times a day?
She: Nope...We love it!
Me: U crazy!
She: (giggles) No, u crazy!


I dont get it!! I get disturbed even when my Mom calls me when I am in my office. Plus how am I supposed to express my feelings? ...We men! We hunt! We fight! We drink directly from the carton! We DONT express our feelings...Asking us to express our feelings is like asking Shoaib Akhtar to bowl leg-spin!

One wonders, if God made hormones (Ignoring wht Charles Darwin preaches) why didnt he put in the same ones in both guys and girls? I guess thts coz he knew opposites attract.

Maybe opposites do attract. So does tht make me - complicated, foolish and bold!?
Er..I dont think so...

Theres another twist...
I always thought these qualities tht I find attractive were necessarily physical (no, not sexual...physical..Theres a difference!!)
But in the last few weeks I have found tht its not all physical...

There is this girl, who was a yr junior to me in my school. She was a mixture of all the said qualities and more...She was all sweet and giggly and schoolgirlish... And obviously I did like her...But at 15, u dont try and analyze why u like sumone...

Now shes settled outside the country, and we chat almost everyday. Chattin is the next best thing to talkin... You can get to know a lot bout the person, how he/she would react to a situation, her wit, sense of humour etc. etc. And man, isnt she amazing!

The point here is , its been ages since we met in 3-D, but I still like her. There is a fair chance tht my brain still interprets her as a giggly girl who wore braces as a kid and maybe it(my brain) is surprised at the amount of maturity and wit she has... Maybe thts one of the reasons I like her so much...

So u see? My brain can solve calculus and mechanics but it is as lost as Schumacher in Mumbai traffic when it comes to feelings...
Its like tht movie - I,Robot in which the robot saves Will Smith and not the little girl coz it calculates tht Will has a 42% chance of survival and the girl has only a 12% chance. It lets her die.

12% wasnt less...

Only if we were hardwired better


Me: Ok, So you mean, I shud send her flowers and choclates? Tht sounds so High-Schoolish. Actually it is outright foolish!
She: Be as practical as u want with the outside world... But with a girl u gotta be foolish...
Me: Foolish?!
She: Yes donko!
Me: U crazy
She:(giggles) No, u crazy! Girls!! Will I ever understand them!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Related Posts



Current Issues:
 

13 letters to the editor:

    On November 25, 2007 at 9:13 PM     
    Anonymous said...

    hey arshat. nice post!! i am sure you have chucked half of the things said by the "lady in the post". IF you have not done than do it as soon as possible. At least you can save something and make your mother happy and than your wife after you are married (By buying gifts.).

    If your company is paying through their nose and you dont have space to stash away the money tab "Main Hoo Na"

    Btw, googling - simple, smart and shy shows 1,900,000 results. One question - Where the heck are they!?@#) tell that you are a true geek even though you come from a MECH background

    On November 25, 2007 at 9:16 PM     
    Anonymous said...

    hey arshat. nice post!! i am sure you have chucked half of the things said by the "lady in the post". IF you have not done than do it as soon as possible. At least you can save something and make your mother happy and than your wife after you are married (By buying gifts.).

    If your company is paying through their nose and you dont have space to stash away the money tab "Main Hoo Na"

    Btw, googling - simple, smart and shy shows 1,900,000 results. One question - Where the heck are they!?@#) tell that you are a true geek even though you come from a MECH background

    Arre my co doesnt pay me tht much re..less than u IT guys for sure ;)

    Arre its coz of ppl lik me tht google earns its daily bread!:P

    And I lov my mom and my wife(wife to be!:P)

    dude...
    risky turfs u ventured into...!!!
    red alert..red alert!!!
    abandon turf!!
    abandon turf!!!
    i wud rather do a phd in rocket science than explore the danger zone of the opposite speci...err i mean sex.
    god help us all!!!!

    @shamanth

    Alpha to delta...Alpha to delta..
    Gascan is down, I repeat, Gascan is DOWN!
    This is not a drill, I repeat, THIS IS NOT A DRILL..

    Yeah mate a Phd in rocket science seems simpler.... wht to do!

    "We men! We hunt! We fight! We drink directly from the carton!" This is the part that I liked the most!

    And the centuries old rift b/w man and the "other kind" can never be understood....its just another universal mystery like "is Pamela more silicone based than carbon based?" and "how does VLCC work??"

    good post!Cheers dude!

    I'll tell you a trick to understand girls.... In any situation...first think what you would normally do in it... and then think of the complete antithesis of what you thought... BINGO! You got it..!! The Way to figure out a girl!

    P.S: Chocs work like nothing else..so don't shy away from gifting chocs to your girl!


    @bullshee
    "is Pamela more silicone based than carbon based?"
    tht really is a mystery!!

    @nupur
    Thanks! I m sure gonna try it out the next time!
    What wud i do without u! :P

    lol okay--- so you don't get girls...I don't really get what the lady in the post was trying to say but its not just about sending flowers or chocolates or smtg...it varies from person to person-- and well, girls in engineering aren't all tomboyish (although being tomboyish doesnt mean you aint sexy-- and thats another post all together!) There used to be and I suspect there still exists a whole bunch of hotties who can engine- eer it out during the day and be quite a handful afterwards:)
    they are around, you just need to look a lil deeper I suppose:)
    good luck!

    On November 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM     
    Anonymous said...

    Too good.
    Best thing you wrote some real good facts in a humorous style.

    On December 1, 2008 at 11:02 AM     
    Anonymous said...

    Gr8 study on searching a girl:)

    On October 28, 2009 at 4:13 AM     
    minn said...

    oh!what 2 do with these mech guys,my bf is a mech engineer and now works in an mnc ,i luv him a lot.prob is he jst dont undrstand me ,if he loves me how can he forget my birthday!worst is he nvr undrstands my silent treatments,
    I always insist on communicating 2 solve issues & his only reaction to my tantrums are smiles & in the end kiss on my hand,which make me melt.SO advise 2 all guys undrstnd
    1)v want u 2 call,no call 4 more than 2days is a very long gap.....
    2)we fight with u,and accuse u of flirting jst 2 hear 'iluv only u' exact words frm u.tht will solve the issue!
    3)dress,fashion ,pms etc r serious issues which will affect our mood,if u feel funny atleast hav the courtesy 2 shut up abt things u dont know,they r not silly issues
    4)for heavens sake dont bore explaining various models of cars ,bike etc ,v jst dont hear anyhting and listen jst 4 ur sake

    i can feel the pain you experienced because i am also doing mechanical engineering and starved of some good looking girls and in my case i would have preffered a tom boy also but studying in chennai deprives you of that also...