Let the games begin!




Let the Games begin!

No one gave me a chance..
Winning is not for you mate.. you can just dream..
10 years of hard work so that we can live this dream..
They said you can try, but you can never win..
I had to prove them wrong, now let the games begin..

If I had won a silver, they would say
oh, it aint that great!
He must be lucky, must be an aftereffect of the eight-eight-eight
But what do you know! Today aint eight!
And its a gold, not a silver, man its fricking great!
Everyday aint Sunday, every season aint spring..
I did my best, now let the games begin..

One billion people... are jumping up their seats
The curtain closes... they throwing roses at my feet..
Thank you all.. you make me feel a star..
I am glad...glad that I could raise the bar..
I beat them all..all of them in the Dragon's den,
The tiger growls, now let the games begin..

Girls dont have my picture up their walls,
Dhoni neednt perform always to get the dolls..
Not many like a man with a gun,
the police, the gangster, either one..
But after everythings said and done
I just have a gun..
What can I do?
-give my best at the five rings..
I know you care, let the games begin..

Kapil is still on TV selling shoes, Milkha no one knows about..
I got us the gold, after a 28 year drought..
Its an achievement, its a new dawn..
I wonder if you will remember my name, after I m gone..
But its just one gold, I hope one day we get ten,
And now....ladies and gentlemen...let the games begin..

-Arshat Chaudhary (for Abhinav Bindra)



Dedicated to Abhinav Bindra, the winner of the Gold medal(10m air rifle) at the 2008 Olympics..
This is India's first Individual Gold at the Olympics ever..

P.S. The post derives its poetic inspiration from Eminem's "When I am gone"..

Let the games begin!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Related Posts



Current Issues: , , ,
 

8 letters to the editor:

    brilliant... although i think you should have mentioned the song its inspired from at the start, it seems much better once you know what tune to hymm..

    On August 12, 2008 at 12:48 PM     
    Anonymous said...

    That's a great poem indeed. BTW few more trivia to add to the list. It's India's first individual gold in Olympics. that is India 21st Olympics appearance.

    Other than hockey, its that India has won more than one medal @ Olympics.

    Wah! Wah! Lovely poem! Sensible sentence! Real superb! Heartly congrats to our new Indian hero!He made us proud!!!



    @dipti
    Thanks.. I didnt mention tht at the beginning coz i wanted it to work.. Just like Pritam doesnt mention the fact tht his songs r lifted.. :P

    @santosh
    Thanks mate..
    Nice trivia there..

    hey.....that was awesome!!!!!

    its a really nice way to pay ode to ur country and the man to make the country proud :)

    On August 24, 2008 at 4:09 PM     
    Anonymous said...

    vijender and now sushil... they have done our country proud too.. good post brother

    nice man..
    gd 1..


    @sri
    Thanks mate

    @purnima
    yeah, its my small contribution..

    @chriz
    3 medals yaar.. sahi!!!

    @hiren
    thanks yaar..